As part of my StyleXposure journey, I recently got to try Peroni Nastro Azzurro – a world famous beer from Italy. Now, most of my followers will know that I’m a wine and bubbly girl, but when I received my stylish Peroni’s, I did some research and found that beer can used for all kinds of things (and to be honest, it looks great on my bar trolley at home!)
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Peroni, here’s some background info on the brand:
- Francesco Peroni established the first brewery in Italy in 1846
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro was created in 1963
- Nastro Azzurro means ‘blue ribbon’ in Italian
- According to marketing literature, the popular Peroni Nastro Azzurro gets its name from the blue ribbon prize that was awarded to the ship that could cross the Atlantic Ocean in the quickest time.
- Peroni was available internationally in the 1990’s.
- It’s available in more than 70 countries around the world.
Now, I know absolutely nothing about beer, but I do know that it can be used as a beauty treatment as well, particularly for shiny hair and acne skin. Beer removes out the toxins in the body and cleans up the pores in the skin with its alcoholic properties. This is one of the most popular beer mask recipes, and it will leave your skin feeling moisturized and zit free!
Beer, Honey, Lemon and Olive Oil Mask (for acne):
Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a glug of beer in a bowl. Apply to the face and rinse off after 15 minutes to get a clear and zit free skin.
For those who’re thinking “she’s wasting a good beer?!” I also made a lemon shandy with my Peroni’s and loved it! It’s fresh and perfect for summer!
Thank you Peroni for giving me the opportunity to learn more about beer!